Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Example to Follow

This was a very special weekend for us as we celebrated my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! Their marriage has been a wonderful example of what a Christlike marriage looks like for many couples, including Nick and me!

The other awesome part of this weekend is that my sister, Kendra, and her husband and son came out from Florida to surprise my grandparents. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
 Here is Samuel letting Nicole know what he thinks of her hitting him....

 Nicole playing with the food that was on Nick's plate. I think she is wanting to start on solid food.

Nicole playing with Grandma Linda's cup.

 Grandpa Ron, Grandma Judy, Samuel, and Nicole.

 Nicole playing with Granddad's cup. She likes taking things that don't belong to her.
Karissa holding Samuel while we were at dinner at Lucilles.

The waitress brought out 2 sundaes to help us celebrate their anniversary.

Here is the cake I made for their party.

And the rest of the cake....errr....cupcakes. I made cupcakes since it was an open house party so people could take desserts as they came. The cake cutting was about halfway through the party.

Here are more cupcakes.....We had about 45 frosted cupcakes left over and another 20 or so that weren't frosted yet. At least we didn't run out!

Grandma and granddad cutting the cake.

My mom, Nicole, Aunt Susan, and me! We had a great time visiting with my aunt Susan (from my dad's side) who has known my grandparents (on my mom's side) for the past 50 years!

Granddad feeding grandma a piece of cake......No face smashing here!

What a long party weekend! Good thing Nicole had her dad to hold her and snuggle with her!

Nicole and Grandma Joan

I know I say it all the time, but we are SOOOOO blessed to live near family! We love being able to share in special moments and visit with our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment