Saturday, July 28, 2012

Organization

First, a picture of Nicole using the crayons from my last post.

Lately, I have been on a super organizing streak! Target has been profiting well from all the storage containers that I have purchased there in the last two weeks! I have also created a toy rotation system for Nicole's toys.

My current project has been to find a way to organize all the awesome ideas that I find on Pinterest! I have decided to use buckets to make premade kits of some of the activities so I have all the items that I need in one place. Unfortunately, Target only had 3 with lids in stock, so this has been put on hold.

I also wanted to have the activities on cards so they are easy to use and easy for me to pull out when I need to use them. On the front of each card is the name of the activity, a simple coding system for a brief overview of what the activity entails so I can mix it up during the week (see the key below), the ingredients needed, a place to check once I've tried it, and then a place to mark if I want to do it again and to make a note if I need to make any modifications or wait until she is older to try again.


The back has any directions that I need, a diagram (if needed), any changes to make, or it's just left blank if the front already explains everything.

Here is the key for the cards, I will add to it as needed.

At our wedding, we received this really neat photo album that can close like a book so I can keep it on the shelf, or I can flip it and it will stand up so I can flip the card and put it direction side out and the plastic will protect the card during our messy activities.

I can also put the cards on my rolling coat rack that holds other supplies so I know which activities I have planned for the week.

Yes, I know I have over organization issues....

No comments:

Post a Comment