Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun, fun, fun

Today was a very busy day with several activites to do!

Last week I found a link to this website on Pinterest and after spending some time looking at it, I decided to create an account. After your account is created, they will send you one email a day (on the days that you choose) with an age ap...propriate developmental fun activity for you to do with your child. Best of all, it's FREE and uses every day objects!!! Today's activity was scooping. We were supposed to scoop cheerios from one bowl to the other, but I thought scooping ball pit balls with a bucket sounded way more fun!
The website is found here: Productive Parenting
 

Later that morning, we had a play date with some of Nicole's friends. She loved having other kids her age to talk to during lunch!
 What's better than some good conversation over chicken nuggets, mac 'n' cheese, goldfish, and graham crackers?!?


 They also had fun playing in the water.

Nicole is forever flirting with other babies (especially boys). Today she decided kissing and hugging this little guy sounded like fun. Thankfully his mom also found the humor in her actions!



At home, Nicole found my deoderant that hadn't been put away from camping. She was showing me how mom and dad put deoderant on.

 I guess she thought I smelled bad because she was lifting up my shirt to help me put some on.


After dinner, Nicole and I headed out to Tyler Mall to spend some time with Grandma Joan (who I think was going through some serious Nicole withdraws since it had been almost two weeks since she last saw Nicole) and Aunt Hannah (who flew down last minute to visit a sick friend **our friend could really use some extra prayers during this tough time as she battles cancer**). Grandma Joan and Nicole bought tickets to ride on the train. Nicole surprised me with how well she did considering it was after 8pm (she normally is in bed by 8).


She was a little surprised when the train started moving.



But after a minute or two she was so fascinated with everything around her, that she started to have fun. After a few times around the track, she started to laugh and wave every time she passed Hannah and me, but I didn't get any good pictures of that because I was busy laughing and waving back to her.




 
Well, this is a glance into the busy day that we had today. I am so blessed that I am able to enjoy the little moments with Nicole as she grows!

1 comment:

  1. No pictures of the flamingo dress?! For shame.

    ReplyDelete